Sooo.... I blog stalk pretty much every family I can find that is adopting from ET. Yes, I know, lame. But when you feel like "no one gets how it feels" and then there is all these other people only a click away that do understand what it feels like to love a child you don't know.... how can I not read?!
Anyway, there seems to be great movement among these blogs...things have been quite for a good amount of time. Because, like I mentioned before, there has been some delays with families getting called for Embassy dates to bring their children home. When I thought about it though it made sense. When children are matched with a family, they are brought to Addis Ababa to a transition house to await the arrival of their parents. Not only has this stay become longer with the required two trips, but with the slow in families being able to take their children home there has not been room for other children to come to Addis Ababa. Which in short means: NO REFERRALS! They can't tell a family you have a child matched, but we don't have a spot or know when a spot will be open to move them to the transition home in the capital.
I am so hopeful that with this progress, with the Embassy having completed their due diligence in each child's case and them being released to go home, that there is now room for more children to be matched with their forever families.
So please be praying with us!! We really want to hear something about our baby girl Grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment