Saturday we had the amazing honor of spending the afternoon with about 20 other families who had adopted from Ethiopia. It was such an amazing experience and I am sure will be the gateway to many more lunch dates with a group of people who have/are traveling down the same road of International Adoption. Sara... I stole your picture =)
Speaking of Sara, I know I mentioned before how excited we were to have made new amazing friends who are also adopting from Ethiopia, but I just needed to say it again... WE ARE SO EXCITED! We had a wonderful time with them over our first Authentic Ethiopian lunch and we are so excited to have our little people be friends with their little people!!
After lunch we went to an authentic Ethiopian market and bought Teff to make Injera (the yummy Ethiopian flat bread that is used as a utensil)
See the flat bread below all the yummy goodness?? That is Injera and we are going to try to make it ourselves. Authentic ET food is mostly meatless... which is a little hard for me since all our meals have meat in them but I did enjoy the lentil hot pocket thingy...well actually it called Sambussa but I think Lentil Hot Pocket thingy describes it better...
All in all it was an amazing day!
On a side note, we also got some news on why the slow down in Ethiopia and are feeling at ease with how long this process is taking. Praise God for information... really I can handle it well as long as we are informed. The lack of knowledge is what makes me "crazy lady".
Today makes for 103 days waiting for the referral and I am confident that it will happen when she is ready for us! Cause Lord knows, WE ARE READY FOR HER!!!



Hi!!! We had a terrific time as well! We cant wait to meet your boys:) keep us posted if you go next month. Did you buy the sambussa at the market? Or did you make it? It looks so good!
ReplyDeleteHey!! We are going to make it! This was a picture from the recipe that I found. Looking forward to trying it next week. We are going to come for sure next month... plus it counts for our education hours as well! Heard there were six more referrals from your agency this weekend, that is amazing! Excited for you guys as move closer and closer!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog, Brandi!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to try Ethiopian food. It is so good! There are two Ethiopian restaurants in the St. Louis area, and we got there several times a year. Good luck with injera. My husband (who is a good cook) has tried to make it a couple of time, and it wasn't very good. Here's some tips that he used the last time he tried to make it: http://www.owlhaven.net/2011/01/10/how-to-make-great-injera/
The texture was right, but the flavor was not as good as the restaurants. I'd love to know your secret if you are able to make a good batch of it!
Steph... if it comes out good then I promise I will let you know! Thanks for the link... I will for sure use all the tips I can get!
ReplyDelete