We decided that every year, during the last week of school we would make a list of items that we wanted to do together as a family. Special things that will allow us to make memories with the kids. While some of my heart feels weird about planning all these memories to make even when we are missing a few kids (sheeeshhh I wish you would come home from Ethiopia already!!!) We really wanted to dedicate ourselves to spending good quality time with our boys and pouring into them. So below is our list of things we want to do together over the summer. Jake was so proud of himself for writing a few of these all by himself...
2. Go to see the Clark's (Mommy and Daddy's choice)
3. See Kung-Fu Panda 2 in the theater! (All the boy's first choice)
4. Go Camping
5. Fishing
6. See the biggest trees in the United States (Daddy)
7. See MJ and Rob (our sweet friends in San Diego)
8. Go to the beach!!
9. Root Beer Float Night
10. Bonfire
11. Drive-In Movie (we have decided on Cars2)
12. Family Reunion RICHARDSON's in San Diego
We have already been able to check off one from the list.... Kung-Fu Panda 2 with our dearest friends and my parents!
I think my mom is sleeping... lol...
Stay tuned for more adventures!
This is awesome :)! Know that I am constantly thinking of you and hurting for you. I know that the pain is so deep when you are waiting. Some people have told me that the pain will go away and I will forget the wait... I don't think I believe that :). I still remember how painful it was and I know I always will. The good news is that we have an AMAZING God that comforts us!
ReplyDeleteTook my boys blueberry picking yesterday AM. Sometimes I try to think of things as "scouting" trips or trial runs for possible activities when our little one comes home: is this is non-threatening, easy for little fingers, not crowded, etc.
ReplyDeletep.s. Wasn't there talk of a tattoo in your summer plans? I don't see it on your list :)
ReplyDeleteLOL! Megan, you made me laugh! Yes, I have a private "mmommy list" which has new house, tattoo, and completing 18 units of school!!
ReplyDelete