I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride that is never ending. Waiting over 200 days since our paperwork was in Ethiopia to get "The Call" is hard enough but over that same amount of time we have been looking and praying about buying another house. We love our house now, our first house.
We brought our babies home from the hospital to this house.
We (I) turned it from a bachelor pad to a home.
We laid our own hardwood floors.
We have had broken bones and broken noses here.
It has been a great home.
It is also feeling about as big as a shoe box right now....
So anyway, we do things a little different around here. My man, he loves to "run the numbers" and "weigh the options"... this can, and he know this, drive me crazy!!
I am more of a run with your gut kinda girl. We now, after 5 years of marriage are a good balance for each other. He is the reason we have a savings account and have been able to pay for our adoption (PRAISE GOD) without needing a loan or fund raising (I AM NOT GOOD AT THAT!!). I am thankful for him daily and his ability to be level headed.
With that all being said, the idea of buying a new house scares the you know what out of him! LOL!
We have been looking on our local realtor's listing website for well over a year.. more like 18 months. We have put 1 offer on a house that he really loved, and have looked at several.
Here is how it plays out...
We look at it 10 times online.
I get excited.
I call our agent, he gets us into it.
We look around, I love it or hate it.
I get excited!!!! I want to put an offer in...
My man, wants to think and pray about it.. we don't normally put the offer in
Then the ride starts all over...
Now today we looked at two house... the first one, well it was great. And as an added benefit, it is right next door to some pretty amazing people that we love dearly! 5 bed rooms with an optional 6th! Talk about more room!!
Then the second one we looked at, we both really really really loved! Not as good of neighbors FOR SURE, but we loved the lay out of the house and with the little "granny house" on it, we could have one of our favorite college students (A.H.) come live with us!! Sooo... I get Ricky on board with my OVER the top excitement and we decide to get a little more info and make an offer. Then we get more info, and it is not the kind we were hoping for! Blah =( Anyway, long story short, I don't think this one will work out either, but man I was really hoping for an end to at least one of these roller coaster rides.
More to come as we pray for a space that will allow us to continue down a path God is calling our family and I love for ETHIOPIAN BABIES!!!

So, so true...it does feel like a crazy whiplashing roller coaster! Good luck on the house hunting. We were totally in that bind during the homestudy phase...sooooo stressful!!!!
ReplyDelete