Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lots of Questions...

It seems that adoption is full of questions... questions by us, questions from the people we love, questions from complete strangers. The questions by us are the ones that seem unanswerable. The questions from everyone else, those make us think.

Most recently I was asked (this is not the first time for this question) Why did you pick Ethiopia? I am working on this.. not becoming hardened to these really important questions.

Before Ricky and I had made the decision to adopt I could honestly say we were not "globally aware". Not in the way that we wanted to be. We knew there were "things" going on in Africa but only from the movies and a few friends who had been there. We knew that it was poverty stricken but only from the Infomercials asking for a small donation. But the trust is this: We didn't know. We had no idea. 


The more we researched and the more we asked the tough questions to ourselves the more our major question of "Why would we do this" turned into "Why wouldn't we do this?" Because of the rules regarding blogging about our adoption country I am limited to what I can share with you here regarding the status of Ethiopia and Africa as a whole. But I can share with you this.

THERE IS A HUGE NEED. A NEED THAT GOES BEYOND OUR AMERICA UNDERSTANDING OF NEED. 
Below are some links if you are interested in find out more about the country of Ethiopia, we would love for you to fall in love with this country as much as we have and then change a life with your knowledge.

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/ethiopia_12162.html

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/ethiopia_31288.html

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/ethiopia_30783.html




Why wouldn't we?   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brandi! It's so great to "meet" you. Hopefully it will be in person some day, maybe even with our new little babies:) PLAYDATES!!!! This whole thing has been exciting but nothing short of a roller coaster of emotions. I know it's worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a roller coaster for us too but I am so thankful for the timing of it all! I know God planned it this way... Praying for you and Josh!

    ReplyDelete