For 11 months we have waited for one single piece of paper, one paper that said something we already knew... that our G & G needed a Momma and Daddy to love, care for, and protect them.
Thursday, October 4, was my baby girl's 2nd birthday. I was at my parents getting ready for my soon to be sister-in-law's bridal shower when at about 10:30am Catherine from BCSI called me. I know her number by heart, I know it because every week she called to tell me this WAS NOT the week we had been waiting for and that maybe next week was the week.
It was late in the day Ethiopia time, and I figured she was delaying the inevitable by calling so late in the morning. My disappointed tears we already brimming my eyes when I answered the phone. Something was different in her voice.. she was almost chipper... "Hello Brandi, this is Catherine..." something was going on.. my hands started to shake.. "I wanted to be able to tell you that we received word that your letter has been signed and Ash has approved your case." Commence sobbing... As I sat around the table with my sister, brother-in-law, and parents... I received one of the most amazing phone calls EVER! We got the letter we have waited and prayed for... we got it!
This moment was tinged with sadness, my sweet sister-friends who have been struggling through this journey with us, waiting and hoping for a letter of their own, did not receive a letter Thursday and our hearts are heavy for them. I never imagined moving through without them. I never imagined being the one to plan my flight, without my girls. My heart is heavy and I am praying for a miracle and standing with them to fight!
What awesome news! You have been on my mind all day. I pray you have no further delays and that your K and G are in your arms very, very soon!
ReplyDelete